Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fat Girl Walking

Ok, so the full title is Fat Girl Walking Sex, Food, Love and Being Comfortable in Your Skin...Every Inch Of It.  This book with the mouthful of a title was written by Brittany Gibbons which she then also clarifies as Brittany Herself.

This was not a book I had heard about or read reviews about...it just jumped off the shelf at me while scanning the shelves for other books.  The title caught my eye and how could I  resist.

Ok so this is a fun book to read if you need a break in the  literature you're reading.
It is not only light but frivolous.  There are some funny vignettes, but unless you know Brittany
personally, I am not sure how important to know about her life as a heavy young person and what
it is like being over weight through high school and college.  I was looking to see if I could relate to her or if she was offering some great advice to those of us who are also in the same weight class.

She is clever and witty...she has made a success of her life with a husband and three children, a TED talk and now a book.  In the end weight isn't the deciding factor for happiness or success.  But I still would like to lose those last 10 pounds ....I think I would be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment