Sunday, November 27, 2016

Christmas Caramel Murder

Joanne Fluke continues to write fun light mystery stories.  The best part of her series is the recipes. They make my mouth water and I wish I could actually bake them.  But, they all use so much butter and sugar that I cannot bring myself to make them...too many calories.

The mysteries are also fun to read.  For an afternoon of light reading fun, you can spend time trying to figure out who done it.  Sometimes it is easier than others.  This story is short and as we came to the end I could tell where the story was leading and who was the guilty party.

Fluke has the formula down though.  Hannah and her assistant Lisa are always baking and detecting. Moshie the cat is always waiting to pounce on Hannah when she comes home.  There is always good food being described and most recipes follow the descriptions.  And the romantic tension continues with police detective Mike looking out for Hannah as she gets herself in hot water while trying to unravel the mystery and dentist, Norman always nearby ready to rescue Hannah or help her out when she needs to figure out a clue.

I must admit I am ready for Hannah to choose Norman, get married and settle down with him in the house they designed and he is having built.

No comments:

Post a Comment