Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Symphony Heist: A Tale of Music and Desire (Lieutenant Lowell Mystery) (Volume 2

Not one of the better mystery novels I have read.  Written by Kameel Nsar, this will not be a book I recommend.

The mystery itself was weak and the writing style was clumsy.  The sentence structure was awkward.
I had high hopes for this book.  I love mysteries, music and the Boston Symphony.
I appreciate the idea of using music and symphonies as chapter titles but describing everyone
with musical numbers was difficult to follow.  Also if you do not know the piece of music the author is referring to it is hard to know what the description means.  I did go back and listen to a number of the musical titles that were referenced in the book.

Kameel Nsar has written another mystery about the Isabel Gardner Museum Heist, but I do not think I will be reading that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment