Wednesday, August 15, 2018

My Lady's Choosing

This is so much not my usual genre of reading material, and I only picked it up because a friend pointed it out to me.  Written by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris who are creative and must be very organized to have curated this.

Though, I have always enjoyed the kids interactive books when they were younger, so I was definitely curious to see what this was about.  The most intriguing part of the book is how it is written and organized.  I think the most amazing part of this is how they arrange the pages and keep everything straight.  That must be more complicated than writing a straight novel.  So are never reading this book in a linear fashion, you are always skipping around depending on whether you want to follow love interest A or leave the country with character B. 

Of course it is a very light read and corny but interesting to see how at the end of a page you are offered a choice of how you want to proceed with the story line and taken to another page which changes depending on the storyline you follow.  I will not even outline it and there is no character development at all.  The plot is designed around regency characters looking for romance and of course there is a family scandal that is presented at a formal ball.  There is some sexual innuendo and a visit to a brothel.  But only if you take that path.  There is also travel to Egypt if you choose a different path.  So in the end it is more the fun of the puzzle than the plot that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment