Thursday, December 20, 2018

Blackbird Fly

I admit that I picked this book to listen to because the main character and I share a first name.  That is unusual for me to find in books.  So I listened. It was fun to hear my name and the plot line is interesting and keeps you interested trying to figure out the mystery.  It just moved extremely slowly.

The story seemed stretched out interminably and I was like lets get to the solution way before the book got there.  The narrator's voice is pleasant to listen to and the story line is interesting about wine country in France and the small village where Merle finds herself, after her husband's death, having inherited a small house there.  The description of the house and fixing it up and the death of an old woman keep you reading.  You do want to find out who the woman was and how Merle and her son will succeed in fixing up the house and if they will live there.  I do think that some of the loose ends are not sufficiently tied up at the end.  Some answers are not clear, but all in all I enjoyed listening while I walked and while I drove to meetings.

The book is written by Lise McClendon and narrated by Denise Stradling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment