Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti , written by Giulia Melucci is a fun entertaining book for a sunny afternoon.  Then go into the kitchen and cook up all the recipes in the book.

Wha a fun entertaining book to read and I marked so many fo the recipes that scattered throughout the book.

This is a food memoir.  Melucci goes through her adult life chronicling her social life.  The men she has dated and the even eventually the single women get togethers.  With each boyfriend she talks about their relationship and the role food plays in the relationship.  Each date involves at least a dinner.  Some of the relationships last for a while and then more meals are described.

The recipes look easy and delicious.  It is hard to image any of the relationships not working out when there is so much delicious food being shared.  One of the boyfriends that lasts three years she thinks is just based on their common interest in food.  Most of their conversations and entertainment revolve around meals, the discussion of menus, the shopping for ingredients, the cooking and eating of the meal.  In the end even that connection is not enough for marriage.

I have earmarked many of the pages in the hopes that someday soon I will make some of these recipes.  Luckily I know that my husband did not marry me for my cooking, so however they turn out I will still have my husband asleep next to me every night.

Some of the fun recipe titles are; Pear Cake for Friends with Benefits, First Date Butterflies,  and Morning After Pumpkin Bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment