Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Other Passenger

 I am starting to enter the genre of psychological thrillers.  I have not really like that style of writing because I do not really enjoy being scared or nervous as a I reading a book. But I have found some clever entertaining books out there in this space that offer an interesting story and a good twist at the end, that you did not see coming.  There have been some very clever ones that really throw me at the end when the twist comes and I was not expecting it or it is so different from where I thought the plot was going.  

But this book, The Other Passenger, written by Louise Candlish, to me, is not one of those books.  This plot had a slow start, then dragged through the middle and the ending was too predicable.  I  felt like we were spending quite a long time setting up the relationships between the characters.  I guess also I did not like any of the characters.  So as the plot progressed I could not feel sorry for anyone or take any one side and that made me feel bored through the middle when the plot started to really drag.

The ending was close to what I thought was going to happen.  I had some other ideas running through my mind as I read and maybe, looking back, if one of those other points had led to a different twist at the end I would have felt more satisfied.  This ending was too simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment