Friday, May 13, 2022

My Evil Mother

 My  Evil Mother, by  Margaret Atwood, is such a fun light entertaining story from this fabulous author. I listened to this short title on audible.  It was fun to listen to and maybe because I have read so many books by  the author I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.

the best part about this story is I want to share it with my daughter.  I feel like this is very similar to our story.  The mother daughter relationship.  As a mother, you are doing your best and yet your daughter sees you as the evil enemy.  This is a clever interpretation of that fateful relationship.

Written to make every mother whose daughter rebelled or stormed up the stairs yelling 'I hate you' able to laugh at those memories.  

The story of a single mother and her daughter coming of age in the 1950s.  Description of the perfect housewife, who claims to have more witchlike powers.  The daughter worries that the kids at school will find out.  She also wonders how much of what her mother says is true.  Growing up can be difficult, but with a mother like hers, it can be mortifying .

No comments:

Post a Comment