Monday, July 25, 2022

Trapped in My Sports Bra and Other Harrowing Tales

 Wonderful short entertaining book of essays that tell the story of the author's trials and activities that consume our everyday lives.   Trapped in My Sports Bra and Other Harrowing Tales  talks about author, Marlene Fischer's relationships and her life including her children, her parents and the people she encounters through out her day.  Sweet short vignettes that are easy to read on the beach or when you just have a few minutes.

The vignettes in this book are ones that so many of us can relate to.  As I was reading I felt like I had a similar story that if the author, Marlene was sitting with me I would have shared right back to her. Sometimes I missed having her there to discuss each essay with.  They are so relatable that they bring back memories of incidents you may have forgotten.  Or you may even have advice that you could share about how to handle an experience differently.

It is comforting to know sometimes when things are difficult or even just embarrassing that we all are  going through similar life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment